Call for Participation
Balisage: The Markup Conference 2015
Balisage is the premier conference on the theory, practice, design, development, and application of markup. We solicit papers on any aspect of markup and its uses; topics include but are not limited to:
- Cutting-edge applications of XML and related technologies
- Integration of XML with other technologies (e.g., content management, XSLT, XQuery)
- Performance issues in parsing, XML database retrieval, or XSLT processing
- Development of angle-bracket-free user interfaces for non-technical users
- Deployment of XML systems for enterprise data
- web application development with XML
- Design and implementation of XML vocabularies
- Case studies of the use of XML for publishing, interchange, or archving
- Alternatives to XML
- Expressive power and application adequacy of XSD, Relax NG, DTDs, Schematron, and other schema languages
Full papers should be submitted by the deadline given below. All papers are peer-reviewed — we pride ourselves that you will seldom get a more thorough, skeptical, or helpful review than the one provided by Balisage reviewers.
- Bethesda, Maryland
- 10-14 August 2015 (pre-conference symposium on on Monday, 10 August; conference proper Tuesday-Friday 11-14 August 2015)
Anyone interested in sound technical discussion of issues relating to markup is welcome at Balisage. The conference is dedicated to the exchange of useful information; many attendees have a technical bent, but managers who need to understand XML or related technologies and end users who want to understand better what their technical people are telling them, will also enjoy Balisage.
- 27 March 2015 — Peer review applications due
- 17 April 2015 — Paper submissions due
- 17 April 2015 — Applications due for student support awards due
- 22 May 2015 — Speakers notified
- 17 July 2015 — Final papers due
- 10 August 2015 — Pre-conference Symposium
- 11–14 August 2015 — Balisage: The Markup Conference
- Submit full papers in XML to firstname.lastname@example.org
See the pages Instructions for Authors and Tag Set and Submission Guidelines for details.
Apply to the Peer Review panel
Help us make Balisage your favorite XML Conference. See you in August, just outside Washington, D.C.
C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
B. Tommie Usdin