Call for Participation
Balisage: The Markup Conference 2014
Each year, Balisage gathers together an eclectic mix of participants interested in markup and puts them together in one of the world's great cities for three and half days of discussion about points of interest in the use of descriptive markup to build strong, lasting information systems. Practitioners and theorists, vendors and users, tool-users and tool-makers, all provide their perspectives at Balisage.
Nominations for paper proposals and peer reviewers are solicited.
As always, papers at Balisage can address any aspect of the use of markup and markup languages to represent information and build information systems. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- XML and related technologies
- Non-XML markup languages
- Implementation experience with XML parsing, XSLT processors, XQuery processors, XML databases, Topic Map engines, XProc integrations, or any markup-related technology
- Semantics, overlap, and other complex fundamental issues for markup languages
- Case studies of markup design and deployment
- Quality of information in markup systems
- JSON and XML
- Efficiency of Markup Software
- Markup systems in and for the mobile web
- The future of XML and of descriptive markup in general
- Interesting applications of markup
- Submit full papers in XML to firstname.lastname@example.org
See the pages Instructions for Authors and Tag Set and Submission Guidelines for details.
Apply to the Peer Review panel
- 28 March 2014 — Peer review applications due
- 18 April 2014 — Paper submissions due
- 18 April 2014 — Applications due for student support awards due
- 20 May 2014 — Speakers notified
- 11 July 2014 — Final papers due
- 4 August 2014 — Pre-conference Symposium
- 5–8 August 2014 — Balisage: The Markup Conference
Help us make Balisage your favorite XML Conference. See you in August, just outside Washington, D.C.
C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
B. Tommie Usdin